Have you ever noticed the cannabis oil in a vape cartridge turning a deep brownish color? What can you do to understand why your vape cartridge turned dark brown? Can cannabis oil become stale? These are some of the issues I’ll be addressing in this article. I’ll discuss how your delta 8 vape device works and provide tips on how to preserve your cartridge for a longer life span.
What’s inside your cannabis vape cartridge?
About one gram contains cannabis concentrate oil. The metal plate at the bottom is heated by a battery. The mouthpiece vaporizes the oil and allows users to inhale it.
Due to flower drying, potency can rapidly decrease. Terpenes may also be affected. While vape cartridges may have a longer shelf life, they are not durable.
How oil in cartridges reacts to time?
In case you didn’t know it, cannabis oil contains lipids that form complex chains with weak bonds. The molecular bonds that are formed when the oil has been heated over a long period of time will be broken down. It is important for you to know that THC molecules in cannabis are subject to cbn degradation, no matter which delivery method you use. CBN is the shorthand for CBN. CBN is only mildly psychotropic and breaks down in cannabis as it ages. The following factors affect the rate of THC decay in your vape kit:
Heat inside and outside the cartridge
Over time, high temperatures can lead to the degrading of the oil as well as the THC. The heat is not only generated in the cartridge, but also outside. The cartridges made by vape manufacturers are cheap and do not have the ability to keep out heat externally. These include:
- High temperatures in a car or another hot enclosure
- Transferring body heat through a pocket on the user
- High temperatures during a hot summer day
- Exposure to light
Light, particularly sunlight, can rapidly alter your THC to cbn. However, there are some medicinal benefits.
There are 3 ways to tell if a vape cartridge is defective
You don’t have to vape an old cartridge. However, it can pose a risk to your health. Here are some ways you can tell if your cartridge has gone bad.
- The oil should be inspected for clarity and viscosity.
The oil inside the cartridge should still be clear and viscous. The cartridge should always be thrown out if any of the liquids has become yellowish or brown. You can tell if the oil has become thick, opaque, cloudy, or has crystals on the sides.
- Please note that when I was researching for this article, there were many posts I n which users disagreed with my findings.Here is their explanation about darkening of cannabis oil within vape cartridges.
- Vape oils that are high-quality are free of additives. Preservatives can also be added to cause changes in color.
- The oil undergoes heat and oxygen when you vape. This results in the oxidation of the oil.This results in an oil change. The oil becomes darker as it oxidizes more quickly. This doesn’t mean that your cartridge of vape oils is unfit for use and should be discarded.
- Taste test
Even if oil quality isn’t significantly different, the taste tests will reveal any differences. If the vapor smells bitter or sour it is best to throw it out. It can make it worse to your health, increase your risk of getting sick and cause headaches.
- Loss of potency
The potency of your vape juice will decrease.